Monday, May 18, 2009

2010 Ford Fiesta Van Headed for Europe - Fact or Fiction?

About once or twice I week, I meander over to the OE press sites to see what the latest & greatest is in the automotive world. Most of the time, it's usually some feel-good PR about planting trees in inner-city neighborhoods, or giving scholarship money to underprivileged kids, or some self-congratulatory award they've received from some assorted environmental organization.


However, once in a while, you come across something interesting. I found an interesting tidbit on the Ford media site a few months ago. Since there seems to be a renewed interest in vans on truckinweb.com, I though I'd blog about it here. It seems Ford has added the Fiesta "Van" to it's commercial vehicle lineup in Europe.

I'm curious as to exactly what criteria Ford is using to consider the Fiesta a van. Now, the Transit Connect is unmistakably a van, with its tall interior and billboard-ready sides. Regardless of whether you like it or not, or think the wrong wheels are being driven, is beside the point. Packaging-wise, it's a van.


Read More inside Truckin'

No comments:

Post a Comment